The shortcuts menu provides access to many of the common functions of
Publicity Assistant 2000. In addition, it displays to you keyboard shortcuts for those
commands. All of the shortcuts, shown in the figure above, are also available
through the toolbar. Like the toolbar, these features are dynamic, meaning they will always be
relevant to whatever you are working on. The ADD shortcut, Ctrl+A, for
instance, will add a contact to the Main Media Data if that is the active window. If
you are in the Promotional Tours window, though, it will add a new Promotional
Tours project. Also like the toolbar, certain commands are only active for
certain functions of Publicity Assistant. As such, not all commands will be
highlighted, as shown in the figure above.
Following is an overview of each shortcut:
For more information, see also the Toolbar.
- Add: Press this button to add contacts to projects and to the Main Media Data.
It also lets you create new projects when you have selected the Review List, Promotional Tours, or Special Projects tab.
- Edit: This button allows you to open existing contacts or projects.
- Search: Pressing this button in the Main Media Data prompts you to search through
your contacts. If you select a project area (i.e. Review Lists), it will prompt
you to search for a project. If selected while in a project, it will allow you
to search the contacts in your project.
- Select: Allows you to select contacts in the Main Media Data, or in a project.
These contacts can be selected for printouts, or for transfer to other lists.
- Send: Sends selected contacts to a project.
- Sort: Allows you to sort through your Main Media Data, or through contacts in a
- Delete: Allows you to delete items in whatever area is active. In the Main Media
Data and in a project, it deletes whatever contact you have selected. In a
project area (i.e. the list of Review Lists), it deletes whichever project is
- Output: All output is activated by this button. This includes printing, creating
mailing labels, faxing, e-mailing, and other forms of output humanity has devised.
- Save: As the name suggests it allows you to save things. Many times, you must save your work by
typinging control-end or by closing a window.
- Undo: Allows you to undo recent changes. For example, if while editing a contact
you realize you have made a mistake, pressing undo before closing the window or
saving it will undo your changes. Also, when adding contacts to projects, the
UNDO button allows you to remove all additions since your last save (i.e.
since the last time you closed the project).
- Close: Closes all windows except the Publicity Assistant 2000 main screen, which it
brings forward and opens.
- Exit: Allows you to exit the program.
- Duplicate: Allows you to create duplicate entries in the Main Media Data and in
projects. If you press F4 while a contact is selected (i.e. clicked on), you will be
prompted to choose which fields from that contact you wish to duplicate. The
duplicate record will then be created. This can be a great timesaving feature
for creating multiple entries from a single organization, for example.