Publicity Assistant 2000 allows you to quickly create duplicate contacts in
the Main Media Database and within Project lists. This feature can save you a
great deal of time when adding a new contact from the same organization as an
existing contact, or in any of a number of other instances when you need to copy
information from an existing contact to a new one.
To duplicate a record:
- Select the contact you wish to duplicate from the Main Media Data or within a
Project. Do not open the record; simply click on it once. If the record is
already open, close it by typing control-end.
- To create a duplicate drag the name of the contact down to any other line in
the Main Media Data or project window. The following window will appear:
For more detailed information, see:
Duplicating Records within a Project List
- Select the fields you wish to duplicate by clicking in the appropriate boxes.
Fields marked with a check will be included in the new record.
- Once you have selected all of the appropriate fields, press the Duplicate
button. To abort the procedure, press the Cancel button. Upon pressing Duplicate,
a new record will appear in the Main Media Data. This may not be obvious at
first, but it will be the active record (i.e. the record with a small arrow in
the leftmost column).
- To edit this record further, press the Edit button on the toolbar immediately
after pressing the Duplicate button in the window shown above.