The data in your lists is independent of the data in the Main Media. When you
are ready to use your projects for mailing lists, callsheets, etc. you may want to compare your contacts to those in the Main Media Data.
Auto-synchronize is a quick way to see the differences between the contact
information contained in individual projects and that of the Main Media Data. To use
Hint: First sort the Project List and scroll to the top to find the first record. Use the Updated field to determine which record is more recent.
- Open a Project List.
- Select the second tab (i.e. reviewers, contacts).
- Open the first record in the Project List. Blue highlights allow you to easily
identify differing fields between the Project List and the Main Media Data.
- Place your cursor over any blue highlighted field. A pop-up window will
appear telling you what information is in this field in the Main Media Data and when
this contact record was last updated. (Fig. 1)
- To update this contact record right-click on the blue highlighted field you
wish to change. A pop-up window will appear that gives you four choices: you can
update this field; update this field in the main data; update this entire
record; update the entire record in the main data. Click on a selection. (Fig. 2)
TIP: Auto-Synchronize may not be set as a default on your system. To use this
feature: go to the option menu and select Auto-Synchronize. If you would like
Auto-Synchronize set as a default, contact Publicity Assistant.
For more information, see:
Synchronizing Projects with Main Media Data
Auto-Update from Main
- To move to the next record use your Page Up and Page Down keys on your